Monday, March 19, 2012

Alex really freaking hates......

Pedestrians
 


I had an experience this morning at the BART station which sent me into an early morning rage and reminded me how much I loathe pedestrians. The reasons why I hate pedestrians are as numerous as they are completely justified. Let’s enumerate a few of them.

  1. They are arrogant. I don’t know why pedestrians think that technically having the right of way makes them suddenly superheros who can’t die. I do not care if you have the right of way; walking into the street without making sure there are no cars coming is suicidal. I am operating a gigantic moving weapon. I ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY.
  2. They are selfish. By all means, pedestrian, choose to walk across the street right as I’m pulling up to the crosswalk, even though there are zero cars behind me. And please, PLEASE, walk slower, because I, like you, have nowhere important to be.
  3. They are oblivious. I see this all the time (slash this was me this morning): some poor car has been sitting at a busy crosswalk forever, waiting for a break in the constant stream of pedestrians so it can turn right, and yet everyone keeps walking on, like they own the road and everyone else must wait for their royal highness's to pass.

I could go on and on but I don’t care nearly enough.

2 comments:

  1. Pedestrians suck, for all of the reasons

    you outlined. I particularly hate when, in a rare moment of compassion, I wave one across the street, and then proceed to saunter across at a speed that can only be measured in inches/hour.

    Assholes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH. Excellent addition Jeremy. You're officially in the club.

      Delete